Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Life in the tropics

This morning for the first time this "fall" I put on a light jacket to take the dog for a walk. But then I came home to harvest these:

Meyer Lemons in front of Jasmine
These still have some time before they ripen:

The fig is a little out of focus, but I love the leaf.

And our approx. 7 foot x 7 foot Hibiscus is in full bloom and laced through with Plumbago.


This is a winter I could get used to...as my friends up North head inside I'm on my way out the door after a summer hiding from blistering heat. It all feels so very backwards, but right now I'm loving it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, yum!

For some reason my feed wasn't working for your site for such a long time, but then I clicked over from LBK's post and saw that hey! You're posting. Dangit.

So I look forward to hearing about your work adventures. It sounds like an awesome opportunity.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to be creepy, but those lemons look like boobs.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Dorie said...

ripe, and heavy in hand...

4:43 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

The fact that it's always growing season here is Houston's one saving grace.

I tried growing Meyer lemons in a pot but wasn't successful. My latest ambition is to grow strawberries.

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. Watch out. You'll have Northerners on your doorstep soon. It snowed here today....

Thanks for the recommendations...Yours have a whole lotta weight.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home