Friday, August 17, 2007

Dog days

We got back just in time for the real dog days of summer. We also got a real dog, a true boon for sweating it out on our twice daily walks. I think this is probably the best non-prescription anti-depressant. My mood since getting her, no matter hundred degree temps and plus 80 percent humidity, is 100 percent better than before we left for the East Coast. My walking partner is pretty cute too.
Gracie

While away I finished Picovoli I took pictures of me in it, however, Mica, who has been lobbying for me to give it to her won out as the public model. This was decided after the kids both said, after looking at the pics I took of myself, "You look SO much better in person!"

Picovoli


Other finished items include a skein I spun up for my friend Drew. I neglected to take pictures of it, but you can find him documenting its transformation here.

If you're a weather news junkie you undoubtably heard about our tropical storm, downgraded to depression. Nonetheless one of the entrances to my neighborhood yesterday was completely underwater. There were a lot of leaves in the pool this morning.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see a photo of Gracie! She's adorable. Nice smile.

The tank turned out really cute. Maybe you and Mica can share?

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice to see you back to blogging...

i've had thoughts recently about bringing a dog into our life to help force the get out and exercise thing...

5:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gracie is so cute with her big smiling face! I'm so happy for you and your walking partner.

9:35 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Hi Gracie!

Picovoli looks wonderful and Mica looks good in it. Perhaps she should learn to knit so that she can make one for herself!

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to dog world! Gracie is adorable. It's nice to have companion that is happy with whatever you put in their bowl and doesn't require back-to-school-home-shopping-odysseys.

9:28 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Gracie's a doll, Jeanne! Never took you guys for "dog folks" but if she makes you happy, then I'm ecstatic!! What a great walking partner. The sweater is beautiful, too.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

all smiles! thanks for delurking on my blog! - send me your mailing address (my email is on my blogger profile) and i'll pop one in the post... xo t

3:10 PM  
Blogger Jenni-Raie said...

i love that sweater/tank. i really need to learn to knit... well. i mean, i need to be a good knitter someday!

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home