Sunday, April 15, 2007

The circle of life

It was an absolutely gorgeous day today. The weather was perfect; sunny, breezy not too hot or cold. We spent the morning outside weeding and pruning. They are everywhere in our backyard, but still feel very exotic to me:
a Green Anole.

After lunch al fresco we went out for New York Super Fudge Chunk, Ben and Jerry's finest, and then to a park to unsuccesfully launch our kite. We ended up playing frisbee. When we got home and opened the door Micaela noticed this:
a Green Anole.

This time on the inside of the door. It looks fossilized and I can't believe we never noticed it before. Maybe it should gross me out, but I think it looks kind of cool.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so jealous. We've got eight inches of snow, 40 mph winds and they have closed daycare for the fortieth hundred time this winter(actually it's probably only the 5th snow day but you get my drift...pardon the pun.

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your lizard (#2) made Elie go ew.

It reminds him of past creature squishing experiences

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly I find their young'uns in various stages of discombobulation around the house... those darned cats!

1:06 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

that second one is "brown" not "green" :P

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home