Monday, March 19, 2007

Spring has sprung


While it never really felt like winter here in Houston I am discovering the changing of the seasons all the same. I hadn't really realized how dormant everything had gone and how much green was missing from the landscape. We had biblical rains last week; flooding the end of our street, bringing the bayou up over its banks and popping all the plants in the sunny days that followed.

With warmer weather a girl's thoughts turn to shoes. I really should return these, but they are SO cute and in keeping with the flower theme! Plus I have always wanted a red pair of shoes...


And of course Spring wouldn't be complete without bunnies. I made this one thanks to a great tutorial from Betz White.
This is a bunny for a one year old birthday girl. Micaela and Sofia fell in love so I made two more with appliqued polka dots of fabric on their fronts.

And Spring also brings babies, my little brother and his wife had twin baby boys Friday afternoon. I'm in the midst of finishing up a project (ok make that plural) for them.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely FABULOUS shoes! If you click your heels together, where do they take you?

1:33 PM  
Blogger Dorie said...

You should NOT return them. You should rock them in your bloomin' yard with your bad self.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness. I've been missing all of these blog posts, I had no idea you were blogging here! A-doy.

Those shoes are so excellent.

5:44 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Congratulations Auntie Jeanne!

The bunny is adorable. I love handmade toys but I can never make them as cute as your bunny.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeanne - email me! I don't have your email addy, but I want to pass my hairdresser's info on to you, like I promised!

staci@verypink.com

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home