Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

**
Like a dream,

Whatever I enjoy

will become a memory;

The past is not revisted.

~Shantideva

I don't make new year's resolutions, but I am keeping the sentiments above close to me as I move into 2007.

One of my favorite poems, and poets, particularly apropos for today....and in keeping with Shantideva!

I Am Running into a New Year Lucille Clifton

i am running into a new year
and the old years blow back
like a wind
that i catch in my hair
like strong fingers like
all my old promises and
it will be hard to let go
of what i said to myself
about myself
when i was sixteen and
twenty-six and thirty-six
even thirty-six but
i am running into a new year
and i beg what i love and
i leave to forgive me

from Good Woman: Poems and a Memoir 1969-1980


Wherever you are, whatever you do I hope you can move into this new year; no holding back.

**You need to click on the picture to see it in its original size/definition...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home