Saturday, December 23, 2006

Back to the light

Happy Solstice! I discovered today that we have exactly 55 more minutes of daylight here in the South which could explain why this "winter" has been that much more bearable for me. That and the fact that I am not freezing my butt off even with cuddleduds, my bulky alpaca knits, a hat on my head and fingerless gloves on while in my own home! Not to rub it in, friends in northern climes, but a girl could get used to these milder winters and the LIGHT. Happy that we are all moving into more of it.

Much love and happy whatever it is you observe...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember thinking the same thing while visiting New Mexico in the dead of winter. The winter light, and in particular the quality of light in southern latitudes (not diffuse/overcast/pale/wan), inspired a lot of awe.

I'm glad you're appreciating it...finding the things to appreciate in our place and time is key to being happy, and reading about other people doing it reminds me to do it myself!

What's the beautiful photo of?

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home